Who is Dragon Forge Design?
In short, it is me Jeff, sole owner, creator, worker bee, sculptor, mold maker, caster,
packer, shipper and head honcho do it all.
What is Dragon Forge Design?|
It is a small one man boutique of fine hand made pressure Urethane Resin bases.
All my work is sculpted by hand, molded in RTV Silicone rubber and pressure cast in urethane resin . Nothing I do is Digital or 3D.
Their are No STL files for sale and nothing I sell is a print of any sort.
I consider myself a artist and a craftsman. I have been sculpting in the gaming Industry for going on 35 years.
I guess you can say I do things the old fashioned way.
Who I am not is a Blacksmith with a similar company name. Sorry can’t help you with those enquires.
I currently only sell online from this website.
When Placing an order
Please make sure the e-mail address on your account is correct and up to date. Any correspondence between us goes to that address.
If you contact me about your order, please uses the e-mail associated with your order.
Please make sure your delivery address is up to date and confirmed. I ship to the address provided to me.
If you are concerned about your order you may e-mail at any time.
I try and respond to all emails as soon as possible, if you do not hear back from me in 48 hours please check your SPAM folder to see if my response went there.
How Long Does It Take To get My Order?
Generally I’m trying to get orders processed and shipped in 2-3 weeks time or less.
Things can delay this like worn out molds that need to be replaced.
I cast all orders to order. With over 1000 sets in my inventory its impossible to try and keep any kind of stock.
So I cast everything to order.
If you have an issue about this time, please message me and let me know. I will see how I can accommodate you.
To help me out, Please do not wait till the last minute to order from me. If you know you’re attending an event in the future and need bases for your army project please order in a timely advance. Placing an order 2 weeks before the Big Show and expecting an overnight turn around probably isn’t going to happen.
If you need bases special for a Project or event, let me know the time of ordering or even ask me in advance. I can try to accommodate.
I ship all orders 1st class and Priority Mail
US Shipping Rates
$0.00-$50.00 = $5.00
$50.01-$99.99 = $7.50
$100.00 and up = Free shipping in all 50 USA states
Canada Shipping Rates
$0.00-$49.99 = 17.00
$50.00-$125.00 = $22.50
$125.01-$199.99 = $32.00
$200.00 – Up = $44.00
International Shipping Rates
(Not including Australia & New Zealand)
$0.00-$49.99 = 17.50
$50.00-$125.00 = $27.50
$125.01-$250.00 = $44.00
$250.01- Up = $60.00
Australia & New Zealand Shipping Rates
$0.00-$49.99 = 21.00
$50.00-$125.00 = $32.50
$125.01-$250.00 = $47.00
$250.01- Up = $65.00
I will not mark any international package as a gift.
All Packages will be marked as merchandise and will include a invoice.
International customers are responsible for any and all taxes and fees, VAT charged by your postal system and government on your end. Please do not expect or think I will pay them for you.
If you refuse to pay the taxes on your end, consider the package an its contents abandoned by you.
Preparing Resin Castings for Painting
Dragon Forge Bases are pressure cast in urethane resin and should come free of defects on the top surface. An occasional bubble may happen on the bottom surface. This should not effect the look or performance of the base. I try to clean as much flash off each base as possible before shipping but some may need to be cleaned off by you.
1. Remove parts from packaging
2. Remove any flash, mold lines or gates with a hobby knife, hobby file and sandpaper. I like to use sanding sticks to clean up the base edges.
A sanding stick is either a pre made stick with abrasive sheet glued to it or in my case I make my own by gluing sandpaper to a flat stick like a piece of styrene plastic or popsicle/craft stick sold in many hobby shops. In my opinion they last longer, are cheap to make and work well to clean up things like this.
3. I recommend all flat surfaces like the bottoms and edges of my bases to be lightly sanded with a 220-320 grit sandpaper to remove any mold lines and add a slight tooth to the resin surface. This will help paint adhere.
4. I clean all my resin parts and bases with a mild grease cutting dish washing soap like Dawn and rinse them well in warm water as this helps remove any mold release. Completely dry them, I usefully let them air dry.
5. Attach figures to them. I use a 1/32 diameter brass rod/wire and drill into the feet and into the base and glue with a good CA glue. Sometimes I will pre-drill everything and glue the figure to the base once painting is done.
6. Probably the most IMPORTANT part is to apply a good primer to the resin parts before painting with acrylic hobby paints. Many primers are available in white, dark gray or black.
Allow the primer to dry a good 24 hours before painting. Yes you can paint in 30 minutes but in my opinion allowing the primer to dry longer increases its strength and durability.
7. Paint with your favorite brand of hobby paints.
All bases sold Unpainted, some assembly may be required.
Contains small parts. Not for Children under 3 years of age